West Norfolk Cricket League round-up: Rain wreaks havoc during wet Saturday
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
The weather decimated the fixtures again this week but Division One leaders Bircham managed to earn maximum points with a win against Heacham.
Will Pillinger hit an unbeaten 51 in a 10-wicket victory after Heacham had been bowled all out for just 64.
Joe Manning took 5-22 as Denver bowled out Castle Acre for 85. Ben Peach top scored with a not out 35 to see Denver to victory by six wickets.
Elsewhere, no play was possible between Sandringham and Terrington and Snettisham and Castle Rising. Hillington did not have a match this week.
In the battle at the top of Division Two, there are new leaders after Holt beat Northwold. Kieran Chapman top scored with 77 and with Kevin Moore who scored 51 put on 92 for the second wicket. Robin Thaxter scored 36 as Holt reached 196-8. D Fuller took 3-31 for Northwold.
You may also want to watch:
Ash Drohan scored 57 and Adi Seymour 41 as Northwold reached 170 all out to lose by 26 runs in the 42nd over. Michael Curtis took 4-65, Danny Greeves 3-37 and Marcus Mears 3-32 for Holt.
Alexander Payne scored 49 for Swaffham A as they were bowled out for 125 with Roy Bland taking 4-30 and Simon Groom 3-8 for Hockwold. Michael Reeve hit an unbeaten 53 to see Hockwold to victory by four wickets in the 38th over.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
No play was possible between Gayton and Hospital, Downham Town B and Gooderstone and Narborough A v Sandringham A.
Unfortunately all matches were cancelled in Division Three with no play possible between Beeston A and Snettisham A, Castle Rising A and Thornham, Dersingham A and Bircham A and Gooderstone A v Denver A. Fakenham thirds did not have a match.
Results in full: Division One: Bircham 68-0 (25 points) Heacham 64-10 (1), Denver 88-4 (18) Castle Acre 85-10 (4), Sandringham (5 no match) Terrington (5), Snettisham (5) Castle Rising (5), Hillington (no match). Division Two: Downham B (5) Gooderstone (5), Gayton (5) Hospital (5), Hockwold 130-6 (18) Swaffham A 125-10 (6), Holt 196-8 (19) Northwold 170-10 (8), Narborough A (5) Sandringham A (5). Division Three: Beeston A (5) Snettisham A (5), Castle Rising A (5) Thornham (5), Dersingham A (5) Bircham A (5), Gooderstone A (5) Denver A (5), Fakenham III (no match).