Were you at Wembley to see Diss Town lift the FA Vase?
The date May 7, 1994 is etched in the memory of fans of Eastern Counties League side Diss Town as arguably the greatest day in the club's history when the Tangerines won the FA Vase at Wembley.
And now the EDP is calling on fans to relive their memories of the club's finest hour as the 20th anniversary fast approaches.
A 13,450 crowd, including thousands from the south Norfolk town, watched the final as Diss came from behind to beat Taunton Town 2-1 after extra time.
The team, managed at the time by Bill Punton, had trailed for much of the game, but equalised deep into injury time thanks to a penalty from Paul Gibbs.
Peter Mendham then stepped up to score the winner in extra time, bringing silverware and sparking a celebration in Diss the like of which had never been seen before.
Their run in the competition started in November 1993 against Tring Town and they also defeated Ford United, Torpoint Athletic, Kings Lynn, Tiverton Town and Atherton Laburnum Rovers to earn their place at the 'home of football.'
The glorius cup run also brought a record home attendance for the club when 1,731 people watched the semi-final against Atherton Laburnum Rovers at Brewers Green Lane.
- 1 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 2 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 3 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 4 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 5 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 6 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 7 Norfolk attraction to hold its largest ever fireworks display
- 8 Woman filmed being raped while she was unconscious, court told
- 9 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 10 High Court threat to A47 dualling plan
The vase success followed a successful period in the club's history as two years previously they were promoted to the Eastern Counties League Premier Division after finishing champions of League One.
Were you there to see Diss Town make history at Wembley? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.