Wensum Valley Ladies’ Open attracts bumper field
- Credit: Archant
The Ladies Section at Wensum Valley Golf Club pulled out all the stops to ensure their first Open competition was a resounding success.
The event attracted 88 players from 15 different clubs throughout Norfolk and was won by a team from Bawburgh consisting of Bridget Andrews, Mary Gamble, Gill Hardy and Phon Green.
The runners-up were a team from Denver Golf Centre, who had entered an open competition for the very first time.
The organisers were grateful to Bridgette Hall, owner of Wensum Valley, for allowing them to hold the event which raised £315 for the Alzheimer's Society, with a raffle and a 'Beat the Pro' competition swelling the amount raised.
All the ladies from Wensum Valley worked very hard to make this a successful event and thankfully the weather played its part.
You may also want to watch:
On the county scene the final of the annual Carrick Cup competition is being staged at Swaffham Golf Club this Sunday (12) with Royal Cromer taking on Thetford.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'