Weather holds key to success at Rocklands
- Credit: Archant
The weather has been the deciding factor with bright, hot days proving a little challenging at Rocklands.
The fishing is still surprisingly good, especially on the overcast, cooler days with Bank Holiday Monday seeing a lake full of anglers and some respectable returns.
Deep buzzers have been the order of the day when its sunny, with Jon Brooks using them to great affect on Saturday evening, when in a short three-hour session he landed 10 rainbows. Jimmy Sayer used Shipmans in the morning to tempt 11, finishing at mid-day when things got a little too hot.
Monday was the busiest day of the holiday weekend and the weather was much more suitable. Martin Smith managed nine using Buzzers from the West Bank while Graham Coles and Drew Patrick used dries to great effect seeing plenty of action on yellow mayfly patterns and cdc buzzers.
Expect the weather to cool down a little this week with slightly more cloud cover.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals