Weather holds key to success at Rocklands
- Credit: Archant
The weather has been the deciding factor with bright, hot days proving a little challenging at Rocklands.
The fishing is still surprisingly good, especially on the overcast, cooler days with Bank Holiday Monday seeing a lake full of anglers and some respectable returns.
Deep buzzers have been the order of the day when its sunny, with Jon Brooks using them to great affect on Saturday evening, when in a short three-hour session he landed 10 rainbows. Jimmy Sayer used Shipmans in the morning to tempt 11, finishing at mid-day when things got a little too hot.
Monday was the busiest day of the holiday weekend and the weather was much more suitable. Martin Smith managed nine using Buzzers from the West Bank while Graham Coles and Drew Patrick used dries to great effect seeing plenty of action on yellow mayfly patterns and cdc buzzers.
Expect the weather to cool down a little this week with slightly more cloud cover.
- 1 Cold snap could see Norfolk grit lorries out for first time this winter
- 2 Tesco to open 24 hours as supermarkets announce Christmas opening hours
- 3 A47 closed near Necton after several crashes
- 4 Lorry driver fined after concrete blocks fell on £50,000 Tesla car
- 5 Couple shocked after finding 'skulled spider' in bathroom
- 6 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
- 7 Man guilty of causing ex 'severe psychological harm' avoids jail
- 8 Strong support in community for new Lidl store plan
- 9 First look inside north Norfolk's new £12.7m leisure centre
- 10 Owner's surprise as puppy potentially born both female and male