We owe the fans, admits Lowestoft Town boss
- Credit: Michael Sedgwick/Focus Images
Lowestoft Town boss Ady Gallagher is looking to emerge from 'one of his darkest days in football' when he takes his side to Staines Town this afternoon.
Gallagher admits the Trawlerboys owe their supporters a good performance after their embarrassing FA Cup exit at the hands of lower level Histon.
Several senior players are due to return after missing out in the cup and Gallagher is looking for a much-improved performance.
'I've seen some dark days in football in the past, I've had some tough times, and the result and performance (against Histon) is up there with the darkest I've ever experienced and clearly I'm not happy about it, none of us is happy about it, the players shouldn't be happy about it,' said Gallagher, who hopes to welcome back the likes of Andrew Fisk and Jake Reed this afternoon.
'We've just now got to move on to the next game, put it right, do everything right that we can in training and we owe the supporters a performance because that was atrocious and if I was a supporter I would be questioning the team.'
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft had to name two goalkeepers and a trialist just to fill out their bench as the club counts the cost of losing its youth team and reserves over the summer.
'We all have to take responsibility and understand that we have to work even harder to put things right,' he added. 'No players become bad players overnight and none of my squad have become bad players overnight.'
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 8 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships