Wayne Anderson in shock departure from Fakenham Town
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Wayne Anderson has quit as manager of Fakenham Town, just weeks before an appearance at Carrow Road in the Norfolk Senior Cup final.
Anderson dropped the bombshell on Tuesday night and later tweeted: 'It's not my choice to leave the club immediately but it's happened .and I'm not looking for another position at any club.'
His departure comes hot on the heels of Matt Henman's decision to step down at neighbours Dereham Town at the end of the season.
In a statement on their official website, the club said: 'Fakenham Town Football Club have today accepted the surprise resignation of first team manager Wayne Anderson who will be leaving the club with immediate effect.
'Wayne has been manager of the first team for seven years, with the exception of a brief break in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
'The club is very grateful to Wayne for his efforts throughout his time at Fakenham Town, managing the team to promotion in 2014 and the Norfolk Senior Cup final this season. We wish him every success in the future.
'The club see this as an opportunity to seek the fresh approach and new direction required to fulfil the long-term ambition of Fakenham Town.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 9 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
'Our new first team manager will be appointed before the end of the season. There will be no further comment from the club at this time.'