Wayland Show as popular as ever
Record pre-entries for the 140th Wayland Show at Watton this Sunday have shown how popular this show is.
In an effort to provide something for everyone, organizers Adrian and Steph Soskin have added many new pony classes.
These unaffiliated classes are designed to give as many people as possible a chance to compete from leading rein right through to working hunter ponies, there is a class to suit all.
From young stock to veterans, the show has a wide range of classes and after the very successful entry in the latter at Royal Norfolk, organisers are optimistic about a good competition.
Also new for this year is the Budding Hopeful Championship sponsored by Ward Gethin Archer. In each class a Championship ticket will be awarded to the competitor, whom in the judges opinion has made the most effort but is not quite good enough to have been awarded a prize. All ticket winners will go forwards to their own Championship in the afternoon, where prizes include a lesson with a top local instructor in show production, Allen & Page feed vouches and Nags Essential saddlery shop vouchers. Every year, the equestrian side of Wayland Show gets better and better and what is more there is still time to enter because entries will be taken right up to and including the Show.
You may also want to watch:
Further details from Adrian Soskin on 07808 001687; via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit : www.waylandshow.com
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 10 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree