Watch Lowestoft boxer Anthony Ogogo take a needle in the eye as he continues on the comeback trail
- Credit: Archant
Anthony Ogogo has shown the lengths he is willing to go to ensure he can get back in the boxing ring.
The 27-year-old posted on Facebook footage of a procedure taking place on his left eye, which was damaged in the build-up, and during, his defeat to Craig Cunningham last year.
Ogogo had to undergo two bouts of eye surgery on a fractured eye socket in the aftermath of that loss and admitted in an interview earlier this year that a third procedure may be required. The footage shown is not of a third operation though.
Alongside the video he posted: 'Cross my heart and hope to die STICK a NEEDLE in my EYE, I WILL become world champion. The journey hasn't been as smooth as the one I imagined as a boy but the payoff will be sweeter than anything I could ever imagine. There is nothing I won't do to pursue my dream. Like Malcolm X once said 'There is no better than adversity...'
Thank you for the continued support people. #OArmy'
The Lowestoft middleweight has endured an injury nightmare since turning professional at the start of 2013 thanks to problems with his shoulder and his Achilles.
However, it has been the injury to his eye socket that has proved most concerning although Ogogo has insisted he is willing to do whatever it takes to get back in the ring.
You may also want to watch:
Including having a big needle stuck in his eye.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 10 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub