Watch Lowestoft boxer Anthony Ogogo take a needle in the eye as he continues on the comeback trail
- Credit: Archant
Anthony Ogogo has shown the lengths he is willing to go to ensure he can get back in the boxing ring.
The 27-year-old posted on Facebook footage of a procedure taking place on his left eye, which was damaged in the build-up, and during, his defeat to Craig Cunningham last year.
Ogogo had to undergo two bouts of eye surgery on a fractured eye socket in the aftermath of that loss and admitted in an interview earlier this year that a third procedure may be required. The footage shown is not of a third operation though.
Alongside the video he posted: 'Cross my heart and hope to die STICK a NEEDLE in my EYE, I WILL become world champion. The journey hasn't been as smooth as the one I imagined as a boy but the payoff will be sweeter than anything I could ever imagine. There is nothing I won't do to pursue my dream. Like Malcolm X once said 'There is no better than adversity...'
Thank you for the continued support people. #OArmy'
The Lowestoft middleweight has endured an injury nightmare since turning professional at the start of 2013 thanks to problems with his shoulder and his Achilles.
However, it has been the injury to his eye socket that has proved most concerning although Ogogo has insisted he is willing to do whatever it takes to get back in the ring.
You may also want to watch:
Including having a big needle stuck in his eye.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 7 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
- 8 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 9 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub