Walsham le Willows 2 Wroxham 2 – Yachtsmen fight back to earn draw in Suffolk
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Wroxham roared back from two goals down to draw at Walsham le Willows in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties Premier Division.
Tom Parke and Ross Potter's side salvaged a point in Suffolk thanks to goals in the second half from Tom Matthews and Robbie Sweeney.
The Yachtsmen fell two goals behind in the first half and were grateful to a good save from goalkeeper Will Vine keeping them in the game before they struck back.
A header from defender Matthews midway through the second half brought the visitors back into the game and went on the offensive, with Sweeney, Ross Gilfedder and Pete Wiltshire all going close.
However, Sweeney fired home a late equaliser to grab a point for Wroxham and move them up to third place, with Walsham remaining seventh.
The Yachtsmen return to action on Saturday with FA Vase action at Trafford Park, where they host First Division side Norwich CBS in second round qualifying.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 7 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 8 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 9 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk