Walsham le Willows 2 Wroxham 2 – Yachtsmen fight back to earn draw in Suffolk
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Wroxham roared back from two goals down to draw at Walsham le Willows in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties Premier Division.
Tom Parke and Ross Potter's side salvaged a point in Suffolk thanks to goals in the second half from Tom Matthews and Robbie Sweeney.
The Yachtsmen fell two goals behind in the first half and were grateful to a good save from goalkeeper Will Vine keeping them in the game before they struck back.
A header from defender Matthews midway through the second half brought the visitors back into the game and went on the offensive, with Sweeney, Ross Gilfedder and Pete Wiltshire all going close.
However, Sweeney fired home a late equaliser to grab a point for Wroxham and move them up to third place, with Walsham remaining seventh.
You may also want to watch:
The Yachtsmen return to action on Saturday with FA Vase action at Trafford Park, where they host First Division side Norwich CBS in second round qualifying.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl