Vikings’ skipper takes player of the month award
- Credit: Archant
Skipper Ryan Oakes is the Vikings February Chalk Hill Brewery Player of the Month.
Since returning from injury in January, the 24-year-old has helped lead North Walsham to an excellent record of five wins from six games. Their only defeat was at runaway leaders Tring.
'Ryan is a very consistent performer who works tirelessly in attack and defence,' commented Walsham's head of rugby James Brooks.
'Still young in terms of captaincy, he is a great leader and brings out the best in the guys around him.'
Ryan, a PE teacher at Langley School, began at Scottow in the Under 13s and has played there ever since, apart from three years at university. Equally adept in the second row, at flanker or number 8, he is also a major contributor in the line-out.
You may also want to watch:
'North Walsham is a brilliant club to play for,' he said. 'The players and supporters are great and the coaching simply outstanding.'
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed