Vikings’ skipper takes player of the month award
- Credit: Archant
Skipper Ryan Oakes is the Vikings February Chalk Hill Brewery Player of the Month.
Since returning from injury in January, the 24-year-old has helped lead North Walsham to an excellent record of five wins from six games. Their only defeat was at runaway leaders Tring.
'Ryan is a very consistent performer who works tirelessly in attack and defence,' commented Walsham's head of rugby James Brooks.
'Still young in terms of captaincy, he is a great leader and brings out the best in the guys around him.'
Ryan, a PE teacher at Langley School, began at Scottow in the Under 13s and has played there ever since, apart from three years at university. Equally adept in the second row, at flanker or number 8, he is also a major contributor in the line-out.
You may also want to watch:
'North Walsham is a brilliant club to play for,' he said. 'The players and supporters are great and the coaching simply outstanding.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall