VIDEO: United Counties Premier Division: King’s Lynn Town 2, Peterborough Northern Star 1

King's Lynn snatched the latest of victories to ensure they still hold the upper hand in the UCL title race.

It looked for all the world that Lynn were to be held to a draw by a team they had trounced 7-0 just last month. Chance after chance went begging before, with the very last kick of the game, Robbie Harris somehow poked the ball home from close range.

Lynn had mounted attack after attack in the final stages but had somehow failed to breach a brave PNS side who were fighting a losing battle with just nine men.

But then Harris struck, to send the home fans home ecstatic.

With Long Buckby winning 4-0 against Sleaford, a win was essential, but for long periods it looked like Lynn were to be frustrated.

Manager Gary Setchell made one change to his starting line-up from the one which beat S&L Corby 5-0 in midweek, with Danny White starting and Jamie Thurlbourne on the bench.

A swirling wind didn't help matters as both teams tried to settle quickly.

Most Read

Lynn keeper Alex Street did well to smother the ball as Adriano Staffieri threaten to carve out an opening just inside the area on 13 minutes.

At the other end Danny Beaumont had a shot blocked before the ball rolled to Turner, whose saw his effort from six yards blocked at close range by Nathan Horn.

Lynn were beginning to press, and there looked to be something brewing when Jordan Yong broke from the back – his shot was blocked, but Danny White didn't quite catch the loose ball and his effort was a yard or two wide of the right-hand post.

Good work by Jack Defty gave White another opening, but his shot lacked power.

On 21 minutes Lynn were behind and it was down to some uncharacteristically sloppy defending.

Avelino Vieira chased a long ball with Deeney, Street was slow to get to the ball and Vieira clipped it past him, leaving the Lynn keeper stranded, then rolled it into an empty net.

Turner's cross from the right – just as the PBS left back Horn dropped to his knees with an injury – was expertly met by White, who headed it downwards – but saw the keeper Luke McShane brilliantly tip the rising ball over for a corner.

From the resulting corner by Beaumont, Defty headed home – but was pulled up for pushing.

Wayne Morris then took out Turner, causing a minor melee, but got away with a yellow card. PNS were getting physical, with Mark Cox lucky to escape with a scissor tackle on Deeney.

Beaumont got more and more into the game and turned well in the area but his shot was weak and McShane saved easily down to his left. McShane needed to be a bit quicker to get down to a Defty snap-shot five minutes before the break after good footwork in the area by Beaumont.

Lynn made two changes for the second half, Jamie Thurlbourne and Keiron Davies on for Luke Thurlbourne and Danny Beaumont.

Davies showed with his first touch, putting a cross from the right on to Defty's head, although the striker's effort was poor.

Jon Stead finished off a terrific breakaway move from the visitors, but was denied by Street's legs.

Stuart Wall angled a Thurlbourne header over as Lynn responded.

PNS were reduced to 10 men on 57 minutes when Hook, booked in the first half for dissent, collected a second yellow for a late tackle on Watson.

Thurlbourne's corners had PNS in all sorts of trouble, but somehow they hung on. But they were finally coaxed into a mistake on 63 minutes when sub Richard Jones fell to the sucker punch as Defty tried to turn in the area – and felled the big man. Up stepped Turner and Lynn were on level terms.

Keeper McShane saved with his legs from Defty as Lynn pressed for a winner, but PNS were fortunate not to lose a second player when Morris, already booked, clearly handled deliberately.

Davies hooked the ball over, but the lack of a goal was becoming a matter of some concern as time ran out.

Lynn were camped in and around the PNS area, although almost lost it when the visitors broke and Street had to claw away a Stead shot.

Ali Nyang saw a second yellow in the final minute, for another foul on Davies. Turner saw his header from the free kick hit the bar and then Rob Hughes' sot was blocked for a corner.

Jamie Thurlbourne stepped up for a free-kick on the edge of the area, but it was high and wide and Wall then hit the bar from close range – with the goal absolutely at his mercy.

It looked like Lynn were to be frustrated – until Harris struck for a famous goal.