Video, photo gallery and factfiles: Meet the 2014 Elite League King’s Lynn Stars
- Credit: IAN BURT
King's Lynn Stars' side was officially unveiled at a packed supporters' meeting in November.
But Friday's press and practice day was the first chance the club's supporters got to meet – this year at least – Kenneth Bjerre, who was replaced by a teddy bear at last year's winter press call, Rory Schlein and Nicklas Porsing.
The return of superstar Niels-Kristian Iversen has been met with universal approval, as has the decision to hand teenage talent Robert Lambert a slot in the club's senior side. Plenty of local interest will come via the selection of homegrown reserves Lewis Rose and Lewis Kerr.
Journalists across the country tipped the Stars for the play-offs last season. Many feel that while they narrowly missed out, finishing fifth, they would have finished in the top four had they not suffered an almost non-stop injury crisis. And it's why – especially with such a strong line up across the board this term – a host of those in the know expect Rob Lyon's troops to reach the end-of-season play-offs for the first time since their Elite League return in 2011.
All Lynn will need this year is a little bit of luck because a top three of Iversen, Schlein and Bjerre, backed up by hot prospects Lambert and Nicklas Porsing, should - along with number six and seven Kerr and Rose - see the Stars reach the promised land.
You may also want to watch:
* Video filmed and edited by photographer Ian Burt.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 9 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 10 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman