Video: King’s Lynn Town loan striker Sanders targets a goal rush
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Loanee Charlie Sanders hopes scoring his first goal for King's Lynn Town can finally kick-start his season.
The 19-year-old has endured a frustrating campaign having spent periods away from Boston United in order to gain some much-needed experience. The striker found the net for his latest temporay club against Ilkeston on Saturday and now aims to really make his mark at The Walks.
Sanders, on loan until the end of the term, said: 'Last week (against Matlock) I was unlucky as I obviously hit the bar and I had a one-on-one and it got cut out so it was really good for me to get my first goal.
'This year I haven't really got started at Boston. I got sent off in the first game and obviously the lads have doing so well over at Boston, so I've been struggling to get in the side really.
'I haven't started a game here (Lynn) but hopefully now that I've done well I can kick on and get a couple of starts, get my fitness levels back up, and obviously kick on from there and get as many goals as I can.'
You may also want to watch:
The powerful centre-forward has made three substitute appearances for Lynn since arriving about two weeks ago.
Boss Gary Setchell, whose men beat Ilkeston 3-1 at the weekend, said: 'The key moment was definitely bringing Charley Sanders on. He came on, he's a handful, he scored a good goal and he created the second one for (Ryan) Fryatt.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
* Video filmed by photographer Matthew Usher