VIDEO: King’s Lynn duo agree long term contracts
King's Lynn's highly-rated duo Ross Watson and Pat Bexfield have agreed long term contracts to stay at the FA Vase quarter-finalists.
The pair signed new deals on Thursday morning at The Walks keeping them at the UCL Premier Division title contenders until 2012/13 campaign.
'We're absolutely delighted with it,' said Linnets' joint boss Kevin Boon. 'It's a big lift for the club and it just shows the growth since the start of the season. Myself and Gary (Setchell) have sat down with Buster (Chapman) and we have talked about this and Buster and his family have backed us.
'It's a fantastic reward for us as managers and the fans who have played their parts. The more players we can get ready for next season the better and it gives the whole club a lot of stability.'
The latest contract news comes after keeper Alex Street and wide player Jamie Thurlbourne pledged their short term futures to the club earlier this season.
You may also want to watch:
'Now we've got the likes of Ross, Pat and Jamie Thurlbourne and Pedro you would go a long way to find these type of players,' said Boon. 'They are quality, we know there has been a lot of interest so all I can do is thank Buster for taking this on board.
'What we are trying to do is focus on players who have yet to reach their peak. Lads in their late teens or early twenties. Someone like Ross is a born leader and Pat has got Norwich City experience. He has come in and earned the right to get this contract through his performances.'
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Boon admitted discussions were concluded swiftly by both parties.
'Very smooth. We haven't gone silly,' he said. 'Buster has set a figure which myself and Gary are happy with. The players agreed and it didn't take that long to do. We are over-the-moon. The intent is clear with the length of the contracts. We have 800 plus coming to watch every other week. It is so well-supported and Buster has always said he will grow the club if the revenue is there.'
• Click on the attached links to watch exclusive video interviews with both Watson and Bexfield.