Video: Gossy’s goal and dream training soundtrack
When it comes to keeping myself amused on a journey, I must admit I'm more I-spy than i-pod.
But those who know about these things, keep telling me the best way to while away all those long hours I'm spending in the saddle for my B-to-B training is to download the earphone music that will keep the pedals pounding.
Give me a cassette marked 'Best of the Boss' to click into an old-fashion tape player, and Springsteen and I can wheel away for England. But ask me to select the same songs from itunes, and I'm afraid I'm back in the Stone Age.
Still, I know I've got to get there, and I can feel a session with my 12-year-old twins coming on to learn what to do.
So after much deliberation, and as a Rock Child of the Eighties here's my Top Ten Songs to Cycle by:
You may also want to watch:
1. Don't Stop Believing - Journey
2. Land of Hope and Dreams – Bruce Springsteen
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Man and woman found dead in home
- 5 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 6 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 7 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 8 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 9 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 10 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
3. Sultans of Swing – Dire Straights
4. Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
5. Spirit of the Radio - Rush
6. Hotel California - Eagles
7. Nothing Else Matters – Metallica
8. Whiskey in the Jar – Thin Lizzy
9. Wild Angels – Magnum
10. Dry County – Bon Jovi
So if you hear someone in yellow Lycra belting out 'Born in the USA' around the lanes of Belton this week, my advice is invest in a pair of earplugs.
• To keep track of what Gossy is up to and to view his legendary 1993 Uefa goal on video visit www.edp24.co.uk/jeremygoss