Video evidence denies new boy Chapman a Snetterton double
Radical sports car newcomer Zac Chapman was only denied a double victory at Snetterton on Saturday by the quick thinking Manhal Allos, who had to rely on video evidence to confirm his fast start to race two was legal.
Allos didn't line up on pole position for race one as he was having his engine exchanged leaving series newcomer Chapman to lead throughout, holding off James Littlejohn's late charge.
In race two Allos made a storming start to put him third while Stuart Moseley and Bradley Ellis charged off into the distance. As the pit lane window opened a safety car was deployed for a stranded car, and the two leaders headed pitward. However, officials deemed they had infringed regulations and therefore co-drivers Mark Smithson and Andy Cummings had to serve a stop/go penalty.
This left Allos leading, and when Smithson dropped out Chapman charged onto the leader's tail but was unable to find a way past.
Former bike racers from Loddon, Philip and Patrick Jeans, endured a tough day suffering a puncture in the first race and a spin in race two but still finished in 18th and 13th in their first ever four wheel event.
John Reynolds is a former British Superbike title holder and he ended up fifth and sixth in class after a late race spin in the second race and hopes to do more events during the season. Matt Bell returned to racing after a three-year absence and was a double winner in the Radical Clubmans Cup events after passing fast starting Martin Brooks in the first and profiting from his retirement in the second. Both Formula Vee races were easily won by Paul Smith while Ian Jordan had a tough time securing the runners up place in both events.
Radical UK Cup. Race One: 1 Zac Chapman (SR8); 2 James Littlejohn, Tony Wells (SR8); 3 Shaun Balfe, James Abbott (SR8). Race Two: 1 Manhal Allos (SR8); 2 Zac Chapman; 3 James Littlejohn, Tony Wells.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 6 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
Radical Clubmans Cup. Race One: 1 Matt Bell (SR3); 2 Martin Brooks (PR6); 3 Gary Kane (SR3). Race Two: 1 Matt Bell; Gary Kane; 2 Bradley Smith (SR3)
Formula Vee. Race One: 1 Paul Smith (AHS Dominator); 2 Ian Jordan (Sheane); 3 Tim Probert (Storm). Race Two: 1 Paul Smith; 2 Ian Jordan; 3 Peter Belsey (Spyder).