Victorious King’s Lynn Town boss Gary Setchell laments first-half showing against Ashton United
- Credit: IAN BURT
King's Lynn Town boss Gary Setchell was scathing of his side's first 45-minute display following Saturday's 2-1 victory over Ashton United at The Walks.
Goals from Ryan Fryatt and George Thomson gave Setchell's men a win, maintaining a top-eight league place in the Evo-Stik Premier Division in the process. But Lynn's boss was far from happy.
'That first half was poor,' conceded Setchell.
'We failed to apply any pressure on the ball or to them in general. If you assert no pressure at this level of football you are dead in the water every time, fact. We were only 50pc at it and honestly we could have come in two or three goals down. It's no good just turning up here and thinking we have got the points, its never going to happen. We have to be on the money right from the start as we have been in our recent away games. I was furious at half time, we had been very poor.
'In the second half we were very different. We applied pressure all over the pitch and players at this level, when you apply some pressure to them, cannot play. We enjoyed some good spells of possession and we managed to take advantage and score when we were playing well, something we lacked at Grantham (in a 2-0 defeat). Our work ethic was correct and we matched that with the correct attitude which saw us finally pick up the points.'
You may also want to watch:
Lynn return to action at basement boys Droylsden on Saturday.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 5 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 8 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named