VCD put Dent in Wroxham at Trafford Park
Karl Dent inspired VCD Athletic to a commanding victory over Wroxham at Trafford Park.
The visitors began the sharper, enjoying some good early possession without any real penetration, before Dean Carpenter's 10th-minute throw-in caused Wroxham problems and gave VCD the lead.
The midfielder's throw wasn't properly cleared and fell to Dent on the edge of the box – he took a touch before firing his effort through Robert Juhasz and into the bottom corner.
With the game limping towards half-time, VCD turned on the style once more to make it 2-0 with a slick counter-attack.
Dent found James Duckworth down the left, whose surging run committed Matt Halliday, the Wroxham skipper allowing him two bites at the cherry to find Michael Power on the edge of the box, who confidently volleyed home.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham manager Pawel Guziejko made a bold move at the start of the second half, sending on Jack Guyton, Matt Doyle and Jordan King, going three at the back in the process to try and give a more attacking fluidity to his side. However, it was the visitors who continued to press and they made it 3-0 on 59 minutes.
Alfie May found space down the right to send a dipping ball in that deceived Juhasz, who could only punch as far as Dent, who slotted home.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Matt Doyle had a weak header saved and Joe Marsden struck the post late on as Wroxham searched for a reply, but it was all too little, too late as VCD cruised home for all three points.