University of East Anglia beat Runton United 4-0 in Norfolk Junior Cup final
- Credit: Epic Action Imagery
The University of East Anglia rounded off a memorable season in style at Carrow Road last night.
The students added the Norfolk Junior Cup to their trophy collection when they beat Runton United 4-0 in the final, with a couple of late goals adding the gloss to a deserved win.
UEA took the lead early on when Betts sent keeper Grant Youngs the wrong way from the penalty spot and doubled their advantage before the break as Mohammed Hassan tapped home.
Youngs saved a second half penalty to keep the North East Norfolk League side in it and Tony Edwards and Liam Davies both missed chances to reduce the arrears before the students doubled their tally. Ben Anderson made it 3-0 and Betts then added a second in injury-time to round off the scoring in an entertaining final.
The Sunday Senior Cup final between Windmill and CKSA Emneth takes place at Carrow Road tonight (7.30pm).
You may also want to watch:
UEA FC: Tom Caldon, Jack Cracknell, Ben George, Dylan Knowling, Owen French (C), John Kahodi, Owen Betts, Mark Allen, Mohammed Hassan, Alfie Draper, Ben Anderson. Subs: Matt Knowles, Tom McLeod, Will Oxborough, Dan Corner, Josh Hoare.
Runton United: Grant Youngs, Michael Thompson, Philip Sands, Liam Davies, Jamie Nelson, Tony Edwards, Ben Sharman (C), George Crane, Lewis Smith, James Wright, Michael Bentley. Subs: Aaron Sands, Shaun Steed, Billy Edwards, Tom Graver, Jordan Davies.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls