United Counties League Premier Division: Wisbech Town 7, Stewarts & Lloyds Corby 0
Wisbech Town rewrote their own record books on Saturday by hammering Stewarts & Lloyds Corby 7-0.
The victory was the club's largest at their Elgood's Fenland Stadium home, the first time the Fenmen have scored seven times in a match since 2005-06 while Tom James became the first Wisbech player to score four times in a game since Liam Harrold in 2006.
James and Callum Reed shared the goals between them in the United Counties League Premier Division rout. The opening goal came after just three minutes. Reed was brought down 20 yards out and his curling free-kick flew past visiting keeper Dave Allan and into the top corner.
James headed home Reed's free-kick to make it 2-0 before the provider turned goalscorer, again, on the stroke of half time.
The second half was only two minutes old when James was brought down in the box and Reed stepped up to complete his hat-trick from the resulting penalty. James soon added two more as he and Reed became the first Wisbech players in 30 years to score hat-tricks in the same game.
You may also want to watch:
And even though the hosts created enough chances to threaten double figures, James bagged his fourth – and his team's seventh – in the 72nd minute to wrap up the win.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death