United Counties League Premier Division: Wisbech Town 7, Stewarts & Lloyds Corby 0
Wisbech Town rewrote their own record books on Saturday by hammering Stewarts & Lloyds Corby 7-0.
The victory was the club's largest at their Elgood's Fenland Stadium home, the first time the Fenmen have scored seven times in a match since 2005-06 while Tom James became the first Wisbech player to score four times in a game since Liam Harrold in 2006.
James and Callum Reed shared the goals between them in the United Counties League Premier Division rout. The opening goal came after just three minutes. Reed was brought down 20 yards out and his curling free-kick flew past visiting keeper Dave Allan and into the top corner.
James headed home Reed's free-kick to make it 2-0 before the provider turned goalscorer, again, on the stroke of half time.
The second half was only two minutes old when James was brought down in the box and Reed stepped up to complete his hat-trick from the resulting penalty. James soon added two more as he and Reed became the first Wisbech players in 30 years to score hat-tricks in the same game.
You may also want to watch:
And even though the hosts created enough chances to threaten double figures, James bagged his fourth – and his team's seventh – in the 72nd minute to wrap up the win.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 7 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?