United Counties League Cup semi-final: King’s Lynn Town 7, Peterborough Northern Star 0
King's Lynn Town kept their dream of doing the double alive by hammering Peterborough Northern Star tonight to breeze into the United Counties League Cup final.
Jack Defty put Lynn in front in the third minute when he dispatched Robbie Harris' cross before the latter set up the second in the 12th minute when his miscued shot was slotted home by Danny Beaumont.
Defty bagged his second in the 57th minute when he latched onto Luke Thurlbourne's fine through ball and followed up his own effort on the rebound to score. He nearly got his hat-trick in the 67th-minute but Ross Watson got the faintest of touches to his header to put Lynn 4-0 up.
Watson - playing in an unusual holding midfield role - scored a lob from fully 30 yards to make it 5-0 and Defty grabbed his hat-trick in the 86th minute when he headed home Beaumont's cross.
Youngster Ciaran Beales put the icing on the cake when he scored his first senior goal for Lynn in injury time to complete the rout as PNS - who had Jack Raynor sent off in the closing stages - fell apart.
You may also want to watch:
King's Lynn: Hails, Deeney (Ward, 68), Fryatt, Watson, Yong, Beaumont, Buhlemann, L Thurlbourne (Coe, 60), White, Defty, Harris (Beales, 68). Subs not used: Street, J Thurlbourne. Booked: L Thurlbourne. Goals: Defty (3, 57, 86), Beaumont (12). Watson (67, 81), Beales (90)
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
Peterborough NS: McShane, Cook, Medwynter (Raynor, 64), Dean, Cox, Morris, Nyang (Graham, 64), Hook, Gibbs, Stead (Staffieri, 71), Vieira. Subs not used: Glover. Sent off: Raynor
Referee: S Barry Attendance: 367