Unhappy Winter Sailing series hits new low
Just when everyone hoped that the Winter Sailing series on Oulton Broad could not sink any lower it did.
Last Sunday there was a freezing easterly wind blowing straight across the North Sea with the inevitable result that all bar four helmsmen decided that staying in bed was a better alternative to sailing.
Richard Fryer and Alan Cone braved the conditions to start in the first Fast Handicap race and while Richard in the faster RS400 took the first bell, Alan was near enough to save his time on handicap and add another first place to his large collection.
The other two out were RS Teras who decided that sailing should be for fun and both returned to shore without starting.
Next Sunday is the last of the Winter Series and hopefully the weather will be a bit kinder and there will be a good turnout.
You may also want to watch:
The racing will be followed by the prize giving and buffet and all members will be very welcome.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000