Underdogs are crushed in final
Quebec were unable to pull off a final giantkilling as they lost to Swardeston by 165 runs in the Mid-Norfolk Sunday League Challenge Cup at Sprowston on Bank Holiday Monday.
Ben Shearing fired 69 as Swardeston racked up 249 for seven from their 40 overs, with 95 runs coming in the last 10 overs. Skipper Ray Carmen was the leading bowler for pub side Quebec with two for 43.
Quebec strugggled in reply until a late surge from Jo Walsh (29) helped them to a final total of 84 all out. Swardeston's Dale Reynolds took three for 19, while Robbie Bridgstock claimed three for 27.
A pulsating innings of 85no from Pascal Walker clinched victory for Hardingham over Terrington St Clement in the final of the Mid Norfolk Sunday League's Broke Cup, also at Sprowston on Monday.
Walker's innings spanned just 48 balls and included two sixes and 15 fours as Hardingham chased down a target of 121 to win by nine wickets. Roy Pickerill finished on 34no for Hardingham.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier, there were two wickets each for Josh Downes, Jeff Turner, Jason Scott and Andy Duckham as Terrington were bowled out for 120, Mark Buttriss top scoring with 26.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police