Under-17 girls lead way for Norfolk in schools’ cross country
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk's Under-17 girls led the county challenge in the Anglian Schools Cross Country Championships at Abington Park, Northampton.
Nelly Porter in second place was backed up by Rachel Bruce (third) and Meredith Winship (fourth).
With all six scorers in the first 11 places an overall win was assured and this will surely be Norfolk's top team at the English Schools Championships in Norwich next month.
Abigail Durrant was engaged in a great battle for the lead in the under-15 girls event but ended up second. She was well backed up by Jessica Norkett (sixth) and Kate Willis (seventh) to help Norfolk to another team win.
In the under-17 boys race Will Mahoney finished sixth while Millie Solway finished fifth in the under-19 girls race. Jake Stearman (15th) was the first senior boy home.
You may also want to watch:
Innes O'Malley was second in the Under-13 boys' race and Tia Lilley Crane seventh in the girls.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected