Woman with almost no training to box for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A woman with just eight weeks of training will be boxing for charity this weekend.
Single mum-of-three Rachel Alexander has no prior experience of boxing, but has taken up the sport in order to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
The event, run by Ultra White Collar Boxing (UWCB) will be held on Saturday at Epic Studios in Norwich.
Ms Alexander has raised just over £800 from sponsors, cake and clothes sales with her children.
She works as a one-to-one teaching assistant at Mulbarton Infant School.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Alexander said:
'I have lost 3.9 stone on Slimming World to even be able to do the event and I have trained very hard at Elvo Norwich.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
'I'm more of a dancer than a fighter'.
Doors open at 5pm and standing tickets are £20.
Support Ms Alexander at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rachel-alexander5