Two national champions in King’s Lynn Stars ranks after Iversen lifts Danish title
King's Lynn Stars have two national champions in their ranks after Niels-Kristian Iversen lifted his first Danish title in Outrup.
Lynn's number one, enjoying the best season of his career, denied Grand Prix star and former Stars ace Nicki Pedersen his eighth crown in an epic meeting on Friday.
The 30-year-old won the final in the championship's second leg and pipped Pedersen, who finished second, to the title as a result with the pair tied on 28 points.
Iversen said on Twitter: 'Thanks for all the tweets. I've read everyone of them. What a night, thought I lost it but luck was on my side #awesomeness.'
Leon Madsen finished third while Iversen's Stars team-mate Mads Korneliussen finished fourth.
You may also want to watch:
The Stars number one, a Peterborough Panthers asset, joins Swede Daniel Nermark in lifting his country's title this season.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups