Two national champions in King’s Lynn Stars ranks after Iversen lifts Danish title
King's Lynn Stars have two national champions in their ranks after Niels-Kristian Iversen lifted his first Danish title in Outrup.
Lynn's number one, enjoying the best season of his career, denied Grand Prix star and former Stars ace Nicki Pedersen his eighth crown in an epic meeting on Friday.
The 30-year-old won the final in the championship's second leg and pipped Pedersen, who finished second, to the title as a result with the pair tied on 28 points.
Iversen said on Twitter: 'Thanks for all the tweets. I've read everyone of them. What a night, thought I lost it but luck was on my side #awesomeness.'
Leon Madsen finished third while Iversen's Stars team-mate Mads Korneliussen finished fourth.
The Stars number one, a Peterborough Panthers asset, joins Swede Daniel Nermark in lifting his country's title this season.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 4 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?