Two late goals snatch much-needed draw away from King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: Matthew Usher
King's Lynn Town continued their poor run of form with a 3-1 loss at Ashton United, despite being on top for most of the game in Greater Manchester.
Goals from Dale Johnson, Martin Pilkington and Lee Rick gave the Robins the three points, despite Linnets forward Sam Mulready equalising on the hour.
Setchell's men started stronger but after a bright early spell, the away side sat back and invited pressure.
The opening goal of the game on the half-hour mark, thanks to Ashton forward Johnson. A free-kick into the box saw Johnson on hand to fire into the roof of the net, sending the promotion chasers into the dressing room ahead at half-time.
The Linnets played the better football and scored a deserved equaliser with 20 minutes to go. As Mulready tapped in from close range, after neat approach play.
However the Linnets undid all their hard work when Ashton re-took the lead with eight minutes to go through Pilkington, with the goal that turned out to be the match winner, the striker getting on the end of a Kevin Leadbetter cross to slot home.
Rick put the icing on the cake in stoppage time as he scored from the spot, sending Lynn back to Norfolk with a defeat to their name.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 9 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 10 Transport plans approved despite 'lack of' climate change measures
The Linnets have now lost four and drawn one of their last five matches and travel to title favourites FC United of Manchester on Saturday.