Two in one out at Lowestoft Town
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft Town have signed Nico Cotton and Daniel Humphreys on loan from Southend United.
Cotton impressed for the Trawlerboys during a stint on loan towards the end of last season and manager Dale Brooks has moved to bring him back on a short-term loan. Humphreys is an 18-year-old right-back and comes in on a work experience loan. The youngster will act as a direct replacement for the departing Callum White, who left because of work commitments which see him take up a job in Mayfair.
'I'm delighted to bring Nico back to the club. It's obviously going to help on numbers and will help that he's been here before,' Brooks told the club's official website.
'Daniel is a right-back with great energy and is a tough character.
'He's thought very highly of at Southend. This is going to be Daniel's first taste of this level so it's important that we're patient with Daniel because it's new to him.
You may also want to watch:
'Having lost Callum, we needed to bring someone in who could do similar to what Callum can do.'
Lowestoft are back in action at home to Leatherhead on Tuesday night (7.45pm).
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 10 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home