Two finals decided at Great Yarmouth Festival
- Credit: Archant
Clare Turner and Josie Tyers are the new ladies pairs champions after victory at the Great Yarmouth Festival of Bowls.
They beat Rachel Clarke and Tracy Knights 24-11 in the final of the Ocean Spray Restaurant event. In the Potters Bowls Shop-sponsored men's triples, John Tufts, Matty Flatmen and Wayne Willgress came out on top, beating Ian Wones, Danny Mills and Bernie Perrett 17-7.
The ladies match saw the Tyers pair lead 11-4 after 10 ends. A count of four shots on the 17th saw the Knights pair only five shots behind, but they dropped a three and then a five on the next two ends as Turner and Tyers ran out champions.
In the men's triples, it was 3-3 after five ends, and still close after 10 ends at 7-6 to Willgress.
A run of eight shots without reply saw Willgress lead 15,-6 finally winning the 2017 title 17-7 after 17 ends of the 18-end final.
You may also want to watch:
Today it's the men's singles, the blue riband event of the festival.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143