Two finals decided at Great Yarmouth Festival
- Credit: Archant
Clare Turner and Josie Tyers are the new ladies pairs champions after victory at the Great Yarmouth Festival of Bowls.
They beat Rachel Clarke and Tracy Knights 24-11 in the final of the Ocean Spray Restaurant event. In the Potters Bowls Shop-sponsored men's triples, John Tufts, Matty Flatmen and Wayne Willgress came out on top, beating Ian Wones, Danny Mills and Bernie Perrett 17-7.
The ladies match saw the Tyers pair lead 11-4 after 10 ends. A count of four shots on the 17th saw the Knights pair only five shots behind, but they dropped a three and then a five on the next two ends as Turner and Tyers ran out champions.
In the men's triples, it was 3-3 after five ends, and still close after 10 ends at 7-6 to Willgress.
A run of eight shots without reply saw Willgress lead 15,-6 finally winning the 2017 title 17-7 after 17 ends of the 18-end final.
You may also want to watch:
Today it's the men's singles, the blue riband event of the festival.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall