Two centuries as Catton take the honours
Two batsmen scored centuries as Old Catton strengthened their Division Six promotion bid with a thumping 156-run victory over Dereham A.
Paul Daynes scored 101 and Jake Fossey an unbeaten 104 as Catton posted a formidable 264 for two – and Dereham never got anywhere near it as they were dismissed for 108, with Spencer Jackson taking four for 21.
With a 25-point haul in the bag Catton are now just 18 points behind leaders Beccles A with a game in hand after their rivals had to be content with 20 points from their comfortable win over Diss A. Beccles dismissed their opponents for 82, with Chris Robson and Ian Norman both taking four wickets, and then got home for the loss of three wickets, Jon Puxley top scoring with an unbeaten 51.
Hethersett and Tas Valley are eight points clear at the top of Division Two following a narrow win over Downham A. Having dismissed their opponents for 144 the leaders were relieved to get home with one wicket to spare and stretch their lead over Garboldisham who had to settle for a winning draw against Great Melton. James Worby was the game's star performer, scoring 90 in Garboldisham's total of 236 for nine.
There was another good individual display from Bradenham's Mike Taylor who was unbeaten on 93 as his side comfortably got past the target of 183 for five set by bottom team Fakenham A.
You may also want to watch:
It's as you were at the top of Division Three with pace-setters Thetford and Old Buckenham A both securing victories, with Aaron Seekings posting bowing figures of 4 for 30 in the latter's win over Acle A.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate