Two centuries as Catton take the honours
Two batsmen scored centuries as Old Catton strengthened their Division Six promotion bid with a thumping 156-run victory over Dereham A.
Paul Daynes scored 101 and Jake Fossey an unbeaten 104 as Catton posted a formidable 264 for two – and Dereham never got anywhere near it as they were dismissed for 108, with Spencer Jackson taking four for 21.
With a 25-point haul in the bag Catton are now just 18 points behind leaders Beccles A with a game in hand after their rivals had to be content with 20 points from their comfortable win over Diss A. Beccles dismissed their opponents for 82, with Chris Robson and Ian Norman both taking four wickets, and then got home for the loss of three wickets, Jon Puxley top scoring with an unbeaten 51.
Hethersett and Tas Valley are eight points clear at the top of Division Two following a narrow win over Downham A. Having dismissed their opponents for 144 the leaders were relieved to get home with one wicket to spare and stretch their lead over Garboldisham who had to settle for a winning draw against Great Melton. James Worby was the game's star performer, scoring 90 in Garboldisham's total of 236 for nine.
There was another good individual display from Bradenham's Mike Taylor who was unbeaten on 93 as his side comfortably got past the target of 183 for five set by bottom team Fakenham A.
You may also want to watch:
It's as you were at the top of Division Three with pace-setters Thetford and Old Buckenham A both securing victories, with Aaron Seekings posting bowing figures of 4 for 30 in the latter's win over Acle A.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 10 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree