Two April events in the Bungay Black Dog Running Club pipeline
Bungay Black Dog Running Club are once again organising two running events in April, with proceeds going to charity.
The Roger Wing Memorial 10k and Fun Run will be held on Good Friday, April 6 at Ditchingham Village Hall with proceeds donated once again to All Hallows Healthcare Trust at Ditchingham. Last year's event raised �2,000.
This is an event aiming to encourage all abilities, whether you are seeking a personal best or would just like to complete the course.
For those who want to get into the spirit of the day but don't feel they can run 10km, there is the option of the one mile off-road Fun Run, which is open to all ages.
Entry for the 10km run is �8 or �10 for unaffiliated runners. The Fun Run will cost �2 to enter. Competitors in both will be well supported by the Bungay club.
Entries are flooding in for this year's Black Dog Marathon on April 15. It will again be run from the Sports Association playing fields at Maltings Meadow, Ditchingham.
Having raised nearly �30,000 for the NSPCC in the last three years, the club is already working with them to ensure 2012 is a success.
- 1 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 4 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 5 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 6 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 7 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 8 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 9 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 10 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
The race comprises two laps around the Waveney Valley through Suffolk from Bungay to Beccles and back through Norfolk.
There is also the option of a half-marathon, as well as the ever popular fun run around the sports field, and there will be a range of facilities for spectators. For further entry details or to help at these events visit bungayblackdogrunningclub.co.uk