Twin win bowls double for Norfolk Ladies
Norfolk ladies followed a winning away double against North Essex at Sudbury and Castle Hedingham with another twin success over North Cambs at County Arts and RG Carter.
In the Donald Steward Trophy, Norfolk won 175-99 at Sudbury, getting 20 of the 22 points available, with one rink losing by one shot. Their highest scoring rink was that of Julie Walmsley, Lilian Barber, Janet Rose, who won 43-16.
They then had a 154-97 success over North Cambs at County Arts for a 21 points haul with Judith Phillips, Linda Bennet and Elaine Cole winning 30-18.
In the Silver Jubilee Vase, Norfolk won on three and lost on three rinks against North Essex to gain the aggregate points with a 144-105 win. Best rink was that of Jenni Edred, Dianne Barnes and Hazel Rix (35-8).
Against North Cambs they won on all rinks to triumph 193-89 (Jessica Ward, Jane Watson and Marie Barker (43-10).
You may also want to watch:
Scores: Jenni Eldred, Dianne Barnes, Hazel Rix won 35-8; Kath Shepherd, Carol Swan, Pat Hatch lost 21-22; Pam Rolph, Janis Lawrence, Marian Grimes won 28-16; Joy Pearson, Hazel Burrage, Janet Church lost 21-23; Carol Playford, Carol Jay, Jenny Morrison lost 17-21; Jessica Ward, Jane Watson, Amy Barker won 22-15.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale