Twin loss for county ladies
Norfolk Ladies were outclassed by Suffolk in their Donald Steward Trophy southern section match at RG Carters.
The hosts lost 127-158, getting only two points.
It was a similar story in the Silver Jubilee Vase, as Norfolk suffered a 133-114 defeat to Suffolk.
Vase scores: Molly Auld, Hazel Rix, Pat Fountain 22-18; Carol Swan, Janis Lawrence, Lilian Barber 19-23; Carol Playford, Sheila Hardingham, Beverley Masters 14-30; Joy Pearson, Michelle Clutterbuck, Janet Church 25-16; Daphne Ramm, Beryl Whitehouse, Jenny Morrison 14-28; Yvonne Gant, Carol Jay, Pat Hatch 20-17.
Trophy scores: Dianne Barnes, Julie Walmsley, Barbara Meeks 22-27; Pauline Duffield, Carol Neave, Linda Blake 16-38; Sally Bates, Jo Watson, Marie Barker 20-29; Ann Leverett, Janet Rose, Marion Himpleman 29-15; Maureen Emment, Pam Rolph, Geraldine Reeve 20-23; Judith Phillips, Elaine Cole, Melanie Haylett 20-26.
You may also want to watch:
• The NCWBA County Cup Final between Docking and Holt was held at Long Stratton on Friday.
In an exciting final, the last three ends resulted in 11 shots gained for Docking but 17 shots for Holt, giving Holt the victory by 63 shots to 58. Holt captain Jennie Eldred received the trophy and the cheque from the president of the NCWBA, Gwen Harvey.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 7 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 8 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
• Nine clubs took part in the annual NANSA (Norfolk & Norwich Scope Association) League pairs tournament hosted by Cawston on Saturday. Together with three donations amounting to �70 the total sum of �300 was raised.
The winners of the North Norfolk News Trophy were Michael Tortice and Tony Thrower (Cawston) and the runners-up were Stephen Lawrence and Robert Temple (Blakeney) who won the Charles Edwards Cup.
A cheque will be presented to NANSA at the annual presentation night at Woodland Leisure Park, Trimingham on Saturday, October 8, along with the proceeds from the mixed pairs event at Erpingham BC on Sunday, August 7.