Tuttle’s wonder goal caps another fine win for the Dereham Town

Luke Tuttle. Picture: Matthew Usher.

Luke Tuttle. Picture: Matthew Usher. - Credit: Matthew Usher

Ruthless Dereham Town took full advantage of a below-par Motormen to grab a deserved 4-0 victory.

Redbridge in truth never got going and fell behind on 10 minutes to a free-kick from Luke Tuttle from 25 yards, Mark Parker in goal standing no chance as the ball flew over the wall before curling brilliantly in at the keeper's right-hand post.

Good work by Shane Wallace down the right provided the visitors with a glimmer of getting a swift equaliser. However, the forward's low cross wouldn't quite settle enough for Brian Moses at the far-post to turn and poke the ball home.

Then on 19 minutes the Magpies doubled their lead from the spot, when a trailing leg by Vinny Murphy caught Ryan Hawkins in the box. The talented youngster picked himself up, stepped forward, and then remained calm, putting the ball high and true to Parker's left.

Even a missed spot-kick couldn't slow Dereham when Hawkins fluffled his lines after Sam Borrer had been fouled inside the area.

You may also want to watch:

Dereham weren't too upset about that miss as moments later they went 3-0 ahead through one of the best goals that will be scored all season at any level.

A cross from the right found Tuttle on the edge of the box. The forward controlled the ball before hitting a brilliant overhead kick over his shoulder that flew into the bottom left-hand corner.

Most Read

All Parker and his team-mates could do was watch in awe. It was a goal reminiscent of Dimitar Berbatov's for Manchester United in the Premier League against Liverpool three years ago.

Matters would get worse for the travelling boss' Dave Ross and Ricky Eaton when Leon Smith was sent off a minute before the break when he was adjudged to have elbowed Craig Bussens in an aerial-challenge for the ball.

That red-card was the third given to Dereham's opponents already this season.

Despite being a man light Redbridge gave their all in the second-half and only really tired in the final 20-25 minutes of the game. Dereham's front-line continued to threaten with Hawkins in particular proving a threat again down the right.

A cross from the winger on 76 minutes found Toby Hillard in the area who poked the ball home past Parker, who had enjoyed a fine second-half, to wrap up the proceedings for the impressive Norfolk outfit.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter