Tudur Jones capture delights Yeovil boss
Yeovil boss Terry Skiverton admitted today he was delighted to land long time Norwich target Owain Tudur Jones on a month's loan deal.Tudur Jones is in line for a Glovers' debut in Saturday's League One game against play-off chasing Huddersfield after leaving Carrow Road in a bid for regular football following an injury-hit start to his City career.
Yeovil boss Terry Skiverton says he's delighted to have landed long time target Owain Tudur Jones on a month's loan deal.
The Norwich City midfielder is in line for a Glovers' debut in tomorrow's League One game against play-off chasing Huddersfield after leaving Carrow Road in a bid for regular football following an injury-hit start to his City career.
The 25-year-old has featured only six times for the Canaries this season due to a niggling groin problem after his close season move from Swansea. Skiverton revealed Yeovil had been in the running for the Welsh international prior to his East Anglian switch.
"Owain will give us extra strength and steel in midfield and is the type of player I've been looking for," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"I think he will help us be more solid and harder to beat away from home and he's actually someone I tried to sign back in the summer when he was leaving Swansea. I know he did well on loan at Swindon last season and they wanted him as well but he ended up going to a fantastic club in Norwich.
"I've got to thank Paul Lambert for now letting Owain join us on loan and hopefully we can help him regain his match fitness so he can return to fight for a place in the Norwich team."
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
Skiverton wants midfield cover with Town midfielder Jean-Paul Kalala on the threshold of a two match suspension.
"I've brought Owain in to play straight away and he can certainly play alongside JP (Kalala) if we want," he said. "But he will also be cover for when JP gets suspended. He's on nine bookings at the moment, so he could get a two-match ban at any time. We've also got quite a few away games coming up and hopefully Owain can make us better equipped to get points away from Huish Park."
The presence of Tudur Jones gives Skiverton six loan players at his disposal - and he can only include five in any matchday squad.