Tristan on the brink of title success
Only a disaster will stop Tristan Cliffe from securing the Monoposto Championship title this weekend at Snetterton.
The Mulbarton racer needs to score just ten points in either of the two races on his home circuit to secure the trophy. In contrast Cliffe's title rival Peter Venn must push hard to claim every available point – and hope for the best.
Uggeshall's Tom Ashton will be hoping that a home race will bring a change of fortune as along with co-driver Jonathon Wright their Radical UK Cup season has been a long list of problems, apart from a recent second place at Brands Hatch. Mark Smithson and Stuart Moseley should cement their position at the top of the points chart.
In the Radical Clubmans series James Abbott holds a five point lead over Darron Anley and the weekend results should determine the destination of the title.
The Mini Challenge outcome is far from over either with Chris Knox and Luke Caudle just seven point apart with the three races at Snetterton to be completed.
You may also want to watch:
The GT Cup Championship pits Andy Ruhan's Porsche 997 against the Ferrari 430 of David Tomlin while the potent Morgan Aero 8 of Tom Andrews will be a danger to the Italian steeds.
The Golf GTi Championship is a fight between the 16-valve racer James Bark and the 8-valve leader Guy Stevens with the latter holding a six-point advantage. The VAG Trophy and Production BMW series completes the 19 race programme with racing starting at 12.50pm on Saturday and from 10.20am on the following day.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success