Three Norfolk qualifiers in Trilby Tour opener at Bawburgh
- Credit: Archant
Bawburgh Golf Club played host to the William Hunt Trilby Tour's opening competition of the summer, with 144 players battling it out in front of the Sky Sports cameras and a good sized crowd.
The top 10 made it through to the Grand Final in Hull in August and three Norfolk players qualified, Trevor Carver and Jake Keeley from the host club and Steve Limbert from Eaton.
'The feedback we have received on the venue and course was superb and we continue to raise the bar,' said Bawburgh's golf manager Danny Chapman.
Operation manager Jamie Goose added: 'The tournament received great support from local companies in sponsoring the event. The atmosphere was superb from start to finish.'
Managing director Robert Barnard was delighted with the way it had gone.
You may also want to watch:
'With over 20 Bawburgh members playing there was far more interest and I can only see this growing year on year. All credit to our staff and volunteers, the course and organisation was second to none.'
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 8 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp