Tri-Anglia team complete Ironman event in Sweden
- Credit: Richard Lee
The endurance challenges of an Ironman event in Sweden have been tackled by 28 members of Tri-Anglia triathlon club.
Amongst the picturesque scenery of the city of Kalmar, in the south-east of the Scandinavian country, the athletes took on a 2.4-mile swim, 112 miles on the bike and then finished off by running the marathon distance of 26.2 miles.
Jonathan Cordle was the first Tri-Anglia member to cross the finish line out of the almost 2,000 people who completed the challenge, finishing in 10 hours, 47 minutes and 24 seconds.
The second Tri-Anglia member to finish, just under the 11-hour mark, was club chairman Rob Lines in 10:59:19.
There was also an age group success, with Penny Edwards the fastest finisher in the women's 60-64 category, in a time of 12:58:29.
You may also want to watch:
Tri-Anglia chairman Lines said: 'The stunning city of Kalmar has put itself firmly on the global triathlon map by building on a race they've hosted for 20 years, which for the third time in 2014 carried the famous Ironman brand.
'The city put on a sterling show of hosting 2,500 triathletes plus friends.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 7 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
'It was thrilling to be part of a Tri-Anglia contingent that was noticed for bright colours, big smiles and loud voices.
'Tri-Anglia were making the world of triathlon aware of Norfolk.
'We had 28 members cross the finishing line, making us one of the largest clubs there and definitely the largest contingent from a British club.
'With 155 members who have completed an Ironman can we claim Norfolk as the fittest county in the country?'