Trawlerboys show depth of squad
Andrew Cave-Brown believes Lowestoft have a squad to adapt to all occasions.
The Trawlerboys – who play their second Ryman League game of the season at Wingate & Finchley tonight – played two thirds of their season opener against Lewes with 10 men after skipper Greg Crane was red-carded. The ensuing changes were seamless, as Scott Mitchell moved back from midfield to play alongside Sam Gaughran to help Lowestoft not only plug the gap at the back, but go on and win 3-1.
'Scott was unbelievable at centre- back. He had an absolute 'worldy',' said Cave-Brown, who had scored Town's equaliser. 'That's the thing with this squad – anyone can come in and do a job. The management have assembled a squad for that so we don't have to worry if people are missing because we have people who can step in. '
Mitchell's contribution included the nod-down from Crane's cross into the area which Cave-Brown picked up and rifled into the back of the net.
'It was good to get myself on the scoresheet, but it was all for the team,' he said. 'It didn't matter who scored as long as we got the goals.
You may also want to watch:
'Lewes are a decent side and I thought the work-rate throughout our team was good.'
Crane is available for tonight's trip when the Lowestoft management team will be all too aware of the threat from the Premier League new boys, who were promoted from Ryamn Division One North via the play-offs last season.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
Wingate & Finchley opened their campaign with a 1-0 win at Hastings.