Tracey Williamson forced to give Norfolk Ladies Championship a miss
- Credit: IAN BURT
A familiar name will be missing when the annual Norfolk Ladies County Championship gets under way at Royal Cromer Golf Club this morning.
Multiple former champion Tracey Williamson is recovering from surgery and won't be able to challenge for another title on her home course.
But her family will be represented in the showpiece event of the season, with her 16-year-old daughter Amelia one of the favourites to lift the trophy on Sunday afternoon.
The England youth international, who has yet to win the county's biggest prize, is one of a string of talented youngsters who will be aiming to take centre stage on the north Norfolk coast.
Defending champion Ellie Brown from Barnham Broom, who beat Tracey in last season's final, is likely to be one of her main challengers, alongside another former winner in Amy Taylor from Bawburgh.
You may also want to watch:
The action in the three-day event gets under way at 8am his morning. A field of 29 will be whittled down to 16 by two rounds of strokeplay, with the matchplay competition starting tomorrow morning.
The event concludes on Sunday with the semi-finals in the morning and the final in the afternoon.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 9 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 10 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
Starting times: 8am & 1pm - Jess Dixon (Thetford), Chloe Gibbs (R Norwich); 8.07 & 1.07 - Ellie Brown (B Broom), Jane Sheppard (Wensum V); 8.14 & 1.14 - Abigail O'Riordan (Swaffham), Jasmine Campbell (R Norwich); 8.21 & 1.21 - Julie Carpenter (D Hall), Vanessa Mann (B Broom); 8.28 & 1.28 - Rebecca Shubrook (S Manor), Sharon Black (D Hall); 8.35 & 1.35 - Sian Fenn Green (Swaffham), Ann Fletcher (Ryston); 8.42 & 1.42 - Jo Ashmore (B Broom), Shelly Pleasance (Thetford); 8.49 & 1.49 - Amy Taylor (Bawburgh), Jo Herd (R Norwich); 8.56 & 1.56 - Tiffany Mills (Ryston), Imogen Leeder (Dereham); 9.03 & 2.03 - Amelia Williamson (R Cromer), Hope Neild (R Norwich); 9.10 & 2.10 - Julia Hutchinson (R Norwich), Beth Buckingham (Dereham); 9.17 & 2.17 - Alex Mournian (R Cromer), Christine Frazer (Bawburgh); 9.24 & 2.24 - Janet Lavin (Sheringham), Suzanna Bunting (RW Norfolk); 9.31 & 2.31 - Maisie Farrelly (Dereham), Jill Gooch (Bawburgh); 9.38 & 1.38 - Judith Crawford (B Broom) and marker.