Top two only gain one point from draws

The top two in the Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League first division both drew 2-2.

Leaders Thetford Rovers Reseves could only take a point from their visit to Hingham Athletic while Dereham Town A were held at home by Bridgham United Shipdham remain third after their 3-2 win over Great Ryburgh and Narborough are up to fourth after inflicting the first defeat of the season on Gressenhall 2-0 home win.

Swaffham Town A are up to fifth after drawing 1-1 at home with Rockland United Tacolneston clinched a double over local rivals Bunwell, beating them by the odd goal of three and Cranworth secured their first points of the season with a 5-1 home win over Cockers, a result which puts Cockers into bottom place.

The majority of teams from the bottom three Divisions were engaged in the second rounds of their respective League Cups.

There were three matches in Division Two and Yaxham climbed to third place as a result of a 3-2 home win over bottom team Hingham Athletic Reseves with a very late goal after being behind twice in the match. Hingham certainly belied their lowly position on the strength of this performance.

In the other matches, Saham Toney Reseves and Morley Village took a point each from a 3-3 draw and Shropham United ran out 4-2 winners at Wymondham Town A.

There was just one match in Division Three and Great Cressingham ran out 5-2 winners at bottom team Shipdham Reseves. In Division Four, Shropham United Reseves went top of the table as a result of their 4-2 home win over Tacolneston Reseves.

Most Read

Beetley United continued their recent good form with an emphatic 10-0 away win over bottom club Dereham Cockers United and Mattishall A ran out 4-0 winners at North Elmham Reseves.

In the second round of the Chequered Flag Primary League Cup, the League Cup competition for second division clubs, there was only one away win with Feltwell United winning 5-3 at Northwold S&SC.

Castle Acre Swifts squeezed past Nostro 3-0 on penalties after a 3-3 draw after extra-time, Hethersett Athletic beat Necton 5-1 and West End won 3-2 at home to Sporle.

In the semi-finals in the New Year, Feltwell will entertain Castle Acre Swifts while Hethersett will be at home to West End.

In the second round of the Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire Pease League Cup, the League Cup competition for third and fourth division clubs, there were two good wins for fourth division clubs — Diss Town A beat Splitz United 7-1 while Tugas United won by the only goal of the game at Gressenhall Reseves.

The remaining ties were all won by third division clubs. Bawdeswell beat Breckland Wanderers 6-3 at home, Marham Wanderers ran out 4-2 home winners over Colkirk and Stoke Ferry won 5-1 at home to Rampant Horse. Two matches went to extra time and ended up with 4-3 score lines — Narborough Reseves went through at the expenses of Rockland United Reseves and Thurton and Ashby made progress courtesy of a home win over Methwold Rovers. In the remaining match, North Elmham won by the odd goal of three at Wendling.