Top of the table clash in Anglian Combination ends all square
The top of the table showdown between Blofield and Acle in the Premier Division ended all-square on Saturday.
Blofield took the lead on 37 minutes, when Acle goalkeeper Scott Foreman failed to clear Peter Nobbs' backpass and Chris Holmes nipped in to fire the ball into the empty net.
Acle equalised just after the hour mark when Adam Hipperson crossed from the left and Ricky Hodds pounced to score.
Blofield remain top, two points clear of Acle.
Beccles closed the gap on the top two by winning 2-0 at St Andrews.Damon Bensley and Billy Davies were Beccles' goalscorers.
You may also want to watch:
A key match at the bottom saw Sheringham win 1-0 at relegation rivals Hempnall, with Ben Furlong getting the decisive goal.
Wymondham Town continued to move up the table with a 2-1 victory at home to Mattishall.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
Lewis McKerell and Luke Rackham were on target for Wymondham, with William Stenner replying for the visitors. The result moves Wymondham level on points with Mattishall.
North Walsham remain in the bottom two after their 2-1 defeat at Dersingham.
Lee Hyde and Chris Maslin were Dersingham's scorers, while Charlie Skipper struck for Walsham.
In Division One, Norwich CEYMS extended their lead to seven points with a 4-0 win at bottom side Brandon.
Second-placed Corton slipped to a 2-1 defeat at home to Stalham, with David Bailey grabbing both goals for the visitors.
Third-placed Long Stratton hammered lowly Hellesdon 7-1, with Sam Page bagging a hat-trick. Thomas Wright struck twice for Long Stratton, with Matthew Cartledge and Daniel Folkard also on target. Glen Spooner hit Hellesdon's consolation goal.
Poringland Wanderers, in fourth, edged to a 1-0 win at second from bottom Wells, courtesy of Ben Radford's effort.
Hindringham secured a 2-0 win at home to Holt, with Liam Forge and Stuart Broughton supplying the goals.
Travis Whitlam and Mark Gaskin found the back of the net for Aylsham as they won 2-1 at Watton. Harry Brown was the goalscorer for the hosts.
Harleston Town were 3-2 winners at home to Caister and Bradenham Wanderers defeated Horsford United by the same scoreline.