Top-10 finish for Norfolk triathlete Kimberley Morrison at Ironman 70.3 Dubai
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Norfolk triathlete Kimberley Morrison set a new women's course record for the cycle leg at Ironman 70.3 Dubai.
The Tri-Anglia member finished eighth in the elite women's classification in a time of four hours, 12 minutes and 25 seconds.
Morrison, from Bale, near Fakenham, finished the 1.9km swim in 28.33mins to climb out of the water in 13th place.
The 29-year-old then smashed the 90km cycle in 02:08.21 hours to climb off her bike in second position, battling with Ironman world champion Daniela Ryf in the early stages of the final stage, a 21.1km run.
After completing the final leg in 01:31.10 hours Morrison crossed the line in eighth place, before later posing a photo on Twitter of herself running alongside Ryf, writing: 'Today was a dream come true.'
You may also want to watch:
Morrison turned professional in September 2015 and won Ironman 70.3 Buenos Aires in Argentina during a successful debut season last year.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups