Tom Youngs to captain Leicester Tigers for first time
- Credit: PA
Tom Youngs will skipper Leicester Tigers for the first time on Sunday afternoon.
The Norfolk-born hooker has been named as captain for Leicester's clash at Newcastle Falcons (3pm), as he returns from Six Nations duty with England.
Youngs has featured as a replacement for Dylan Hartley in all three of England's matches so far but following last weekend's 19-9 defeat in Ireland, will look to press his claims for a start against Scotland next Saturday.
The 28-year-old is joined by Tom Croft and Geoff Parling in being released by England to start for Tigers, who are sixth but just a point off second in the Premiership.
Youngs' brother, 25-year-old Ben, has started all three of England's matches at scrum-half and is rested this weekend so is unavailable for Leicester.
You may also want to watch:
Leicester Tigers (v Newcastle Falcons): 15 Mathew Tait, 14 Niall Morris, 13 Vereneki Goneva, 12 Seremaia Bai, 11 Adam Thompstone, 10 Freddie Burns, 9 Sam Harrison; 1 Marcos Ayerza, 2 Tom Youngs (C), 3 Logovi'i Mulipola, 4 Sebastian De Chaves, 5 Geoff Parling, 6 Tom Croft, 7 Jamie Gibson, 8 Laurence Pearce. Replacements: 16 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 17 Michele Rizzo, 18 Fraser Balmain, 19 Jordan Crane, 20 Julian Salvi, 21 David Mele, 22 Tommy Bell, 23 Jack Roberts.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques