Tom Youngs to captain Leicester Tigers for first time
- Credit: PA
Tom Youngs will skipper Leicester Tigers for the first time on Sunday afternoon.
The Norfolk-born hooker has been named as captain for Leicester's clash at Newcastle Falcons (3pm), as he returns from Six Nations duty with England.
Youngs has featured as a replacement for Dylan Hartley in all three of England's matches so far but following last weekend's 19-9 defeat in Ireland, will look to press his claims for a start against Scotland next Saturday.
The 28-year-old is joined by Tom Croft and Geoff Parling in being released by England to start for Tigers, who are sixth but just a point off second in the Premiership.
Youngs' brother, 25-year-old Ben, has started all three of England's matches at scrum-half and is rested this weekend so is unavailable for Leicester.
You may also want to watch:
Leicester Tigers (v Newcastle Falcons): 15 Mathew Tait, 14 Niall Morris, 13 Vereneki Goneva, 12 Seremaia Bai, 11 Adam Thompstone, 10 Freddie Burns, 9 Sam Harrison; 1 Marcos Ayerza, 2 Tom Youngs (C), 3 Logovi'i Mulipola, 4 Sebastian De Chaves, 5 Geoff Parling, 6 Tom Croft, 7 Jamie Gibson, 8 Laurence Pearce. Replacements: 16 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 17 Michele Rizzo, 18 Fraser Balmain, 19 Jordan Crane, 20 Julian Salvi, 21 David Mele, 22 Tommy Bell, 23 Jack Roberts.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision