Tom Segolo eyes hat-trick of titles at Norfolk Bowls Association Men’s County Championships
- Credit: Archant � 2009
The finals of the Norfolk Bowls Association Men's County Championships take place at Norfolk BC on Saturday.
Tom Segolo of the host club features in three finals, the singles where he meets Andy Siely from Acle St Edmunds, with both looking to lift the title for the first time, as well as the junior singles and junior pairs where he is partnered by his twin brother James.
Luke Preston of Northwold is in his first county final in the junior singles whilst in the junior pairs the Segolo twins meet the Diss/Acle combination of Aaron Stimpson and Dan Mills.
Norfolk BC are also in the final of the two wood singles where Matt Flatman takes on Colin Scott from Swaffham Town and the pairs, where last year's beaten finalists John Tufts and Wayne Willgress will look to go one better against Freethorpe's Dan Seabourne and George Tubby and regain the title they won in both 2014 and 2015.
The triples include Norfolk BC again skipped by Rick Summers who play Downham Market skipped by Peter Chestney whilst the fours features some of the County's more senior players with rinks from County Arts and Wymondham Dell.
You may also want to watch:
The senior fours championship sees rinks from the west of the county feature with St Lawrence skipped by Bob Allen and Upwell by Nigel Carter aiming to lift the title in its inaugural year.
The finalists go on to represent Norfolk in the 2017 Bowls England National Championships at Royal Leamington Spa in August except for the junior pairs and senior fours where the winners only qualify.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
Spectators are welcome at the finals.
The full programme (10am start)
Two Bowl singles: Colin Scott (Swaffham Town) v Matt Flatman (Norfolk BC)
Junior Singles: Tom Segolo (Norfolk BC) v Luke Preston (Northwold)
Senior Fours: Chris Wright, Andy Hailes, Frank Howard & Bob Allen (St Lawrence) v Richard Lunn, David Willgress, Colin Ayres & Nigel Carter (Upwell)