Tom Jackson aims to continue Eastern Counties U20s form for Holt
- Credit: Stuart Young
Holt make only their third trip to Enfield tomorrow where they will meet an Ignatians side buoyed by last weekend's victory over HAC in the Middlesex Cup.
Up until then the Middlesex side had not won a game since the turn of the year, their biggest upset being a 29-14 defeat at relegation threatened Old Cooperians.
Following some stellar performances with Eastern Counties U20s in the County Championship, Tom Jackson partners Bruce van Poortvliet at half-back for only the second time this season. Another of the Holt long-term absentees also returns, with Sam Wright coming on to the bench following two impressive appearances for the seconds.
After losing at home to Ignatians earlier in the season Holt will be seeking revenge tomorrow. With just six games remaining in the league just seven points separate these two teams and all the factors point towards another exciting encounter for the spectators.
Holt Owls host Norwich Union in what is sure to be a competitive Eastern Counties Two fixture. Guy Roper starts in the front row and has now appeared in all three teams this season as well as fulfilling his duties as chairman of the club.
Despite losing to a rampant UEA side last weekend in Eastern Counties 3N Holt thirds put in a committed second half performance, scoring three well worked tries. This weekend they travel to Scottow to face pre-season league title favourites, North Walsham Raiders.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 4 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 5 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 6 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
- 7 Norfolk hotel set to launch five romantic orchard cabins next year
- 8 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 9 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas