Tom and Ben Youngs handed new long-term Leicester contracts
England's former Holt rugby brothers Ben and Tom Youngs have been handed new long term deals at Aviva Premiership giants Leicester Tigers.
The brothers are currently part of head coach Stuart Lancaster's England set-up, and both were involved in Saturday's 20-14 home defeat against Australia and the Twickenham Test victory over Fiji earlier in November.
Scrum-half Ben has won 26 caps and recently clocked up a century of appearances for the Tigers, having made his Leicester debut five years ago. He has played in four Premiership finals.
Hooker and fellow former Gresham's pupil Tom made his Test debut against Fiji, having first featured for Leicester as a centre in 2006 before being converted into a front-row forward.
Dad Nick is also a former England and Leicester star while the brothers – raised near Aylsham – are both Leicester academy products, having appeared as youngsters for Holt and briefly North Walsham.
The exact length of the contracts has not been released by the Tigers.
Leicester rugby director Richard Cockerill said: 'It is excellent news that both Tom and Ben have agreed new deals with us. They are both very important to the club.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 5 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 6 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 7 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
- 8 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 9 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our pictures from Reepham Festival?
'They have grown up in a Leicester Tigers family. Their dad Nick played for the club, they know the history of this place and they have come all the way through the academy system here before establishing themselves as key first-team players.
'Ben and Tom both have an excellent attitude to their work. They are the kind of players we want to build the club around for the future, and we look forward to their continued development in the Tigers squad over the years to come.'