Todd Cantwell signs professional terms with Norwich City
- Credit: JASON DAWSON/JASONPIX
Talented youngster Todd Cantwell has signed professional terms with Norwich City.
The attacking midfielder, from Dereham, has signed a deal that ties him to the club until at least the summer of 2019.
The 18-year-old was a key part of City's under-18s reaching the quarter-finals of the FA Youth Cup this season and was reported to be interesting Premier League giants Arsenal.
'It's brilliant to get a professional contract, especially here at Norwich,' Cantwell told the Canaries' official website.
'I've been working so hard to get one having played for Norwich all of my career. This season has been a good one for me, although I felt I had more to give until I got injured.
You may also want to watch:
'My focus now is on coming back stronger next season. It's all about what I do between now and the end of the summer to get myself as ready as possible.'
The former Northgate High School pupil scored five goals in nine games for City's U18s this season but picked up an injury in February.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?
That caused the playmaker to miss the FA Youth Cup sixth round tie at Manchester City, a 2-0 defeat, having scored four goals in the three previous games in the competition.
The injury has not been revealed by City but Cantwell is yet to make his return to action, having also made 11 appearances at U21 level so far this season.