Title race is shaping up into a thriller
As teams enjoy their mid-season break just two points separate the top two, East Anglia and Barnham Broom, at the top of Division One of the Norfolk SRA Leagues.
This week East Anglia dropped three points as they beat their second team 17-4 while Broom picked up a maximum with a convincing 20-1 victory over East Anglia IV.
For East Anglia, Gary Snelling beat Nigel Gillick 3-1 while Steve Mooney, Ashley Briggs and David Youngs all won their matches in straight games. John Palin, who beat Anthony Raywood 3-0, was the seconds' one winner.
For Barnham Broom, Sam Hales won 3-1 against Chris Turner while Vince Somers, Craig Aldred, Simon Howling and Matthew Bolt all won their matches in straight games.
Potters also picked up a 20-point maximum, beating Bannatyne's 20-3, a win which takes them to within 39 points of the leaders with two matches in hand. Paul Field won 3-2, Eric Plane won 3-1 while David Hall, Rob Hambrook and Jamie Goodrich all won in straight games.
You may also want to watch:
Broadland are fourth after beating King's Lynn 15-7 while Oasis are still looking for their first win of the season after going down 20-1 at home to East Anglia III. Tim Allenden, Richard Hunt, Matt Johnson and Suzanne Scarlett all won 3-0 while Hadleigh Farrer dropped a game as he beat Ali Ponder 3-1.
In Division Two, Broadland II are just six points behind the leaders North Norfolk after beating North Walsham 19-8. Justin Millar won in straight games, James Gay won 3-1 while Paul Banham beat Andre Midlane 3-2 and Tony Gay also won in five games, beating Roger Hannant 9-7 6-9 9-3 7-9 9-4. Laurence Almey, who beat Mark Woolner 10-8 in the fifth was Walsham's one winner.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
Diss II have moved up into third place in Division Three after beating bottom-of-the-table Barnham Broom IV 17-8. Paul Newis won in straight games and both Dan Betts and Adam Gretton won their matches 3-1. For Barnham, Jon Getley won 3-1 and Chris Langmead won a marathon second string match against Alex Brown 9-8 9-6 7-9 8-10 9-7.
UEA II maintained their unbeaten record in Division Four with a resounding 16-3 victory over Beccles Ladies while UEA Ladies have dropped to the bottom after their 16-1 defeat to Fakenham II, for whom Jenny and Sophie Hodges and Sam Lanham all won in straight games.