Tim Page takes plaudits in two days of Senior British Showjumping at Forest Edge Arena
It was a busy weekend at Forest Edge Arena with more than 150 horses competing in two days of Senior British Showjumping on Friday and Saturday over some beautifully designed and challenging courses set by Steve Dye.
The standard of jumping was excellent with lots of exciting, nail-biting moments as riders from all over the area, as far as Leicester, competed for the ribbons.
Tim Page dominated the winners board, taking first prizes in Friday's Equissage Discovery riding Trevor Sturmans Milltoate Boy and the 1.05m Open on Unna V11. Saturday saw Page winning the 1.20m and 1.30m Open classes on Wyoming.
Vanessa Irion also had a very successful weekend with Mia 11 winning Friday's KBIS British Novice and Saturday's Equissage Discovery.
Anna Strawson rode the handsome dun, Mytice Minding Time, to victory in both the 1.05m Open and the 1.15m Nat Amateur Championship first rounds on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Other class winners on Friday were Alison Lee on her own Croft Chrome (KBIS British Novice), Sharon Hunt riding Cavalier Bertie (Equestrian Clearance Newcomers) and Ruby Pointer riding her father's Dutsey Van Het Hek (1.10m Nat Amateur). Saturday's Equestrian Clearance Newcomers was won by Portia Howard and Goya.
Sunday was time for the Rands & Wilson Unaffiliated Showjumping competitors to battle for the first six places in each class, qualifying them for the Championships on Sunday, March 11 at Forest Edge.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
More than 50 horses and riders competed starting with a 50cm clear round and followed by 60, 70, 80, 90 and 1m classes. The 90cm class was also a Pony Club Dengie qualifier. Class winners were Elizabeth Taylor riding Taylor Made Jazz, Charlotte Rose-Eyre riding CB Sam, Darcy Eagle riding Izzy 11, Sally Rose riding Its Logic and Coral Herbert with Cool Greany taking the 1m.
Next weekend there is a mini fun show on Saturday and Trailblazers and unaffiliated showjumping Sunday. For further details see www.forestedgearena.com or call 01760 722616.
• This Sunday sees Unaffiliated Showjumping with Trailblazers and UK Riders qualifiers at Lime Kiln Farm, starting at 10am with classes ranging from 60cm up to 1m.